Monastery Events & Retreats
- St. James High School, Denver
- St. Thomas Aquinas High School, Rio Rancho
- University of New Mexico Newman Center
- Stained Glass Workshop
- Sufi Order of Santa Fe
- Holy Rosary Parish, Albuquerque
- St. Francis Cathedral Adult Enrichment Program - Mysticism and Those Who Seek It
- Drawing and Sacred Geometry
- Overeaters Anonymous
- Holy Trinity Antiochan Orthodox Church, Santa Fe
- Chapelwood United Methodist Church, Houston
- St. Anthony's High School, Hereford, Texas
Our Lady of Guadalupe Abbey is an Olivetan Benedictine monastery located in the Pecos River Canyon 25 miles east of Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA. We offer group retreats and individual retreats, and spiritual direction. Everyone is welcome. Please visit us for a day, weekend or longer, or join one of our group retreats. We are always happy to welcome you.
In 1947 Trappist monks from Our Lady of the Valley Abbey in Rhode Island bought the Valley Ranch and formally established the first monastery here in 1948. The Trappists moved to Oregon establishing another Our Lady of Guadalupe Abbey there in 1955, selling the monastery property to Benedictine monks from St. Benedict's Abbey in Wisconsin who operated the monastery until 1985, when it became part of the Olivetan Congregation. From 1969 to 1985 the monastery served as a center of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal.
Our Lady of Guadalupe Abbey now enters the 66th year of continuous monastic presence in Pecos. We look forward to serving the needs of our neighbors and guests for many years to come.
We invite you to share our vision by clicking here.
Please click here to read our Mission Statement.